Prof. Holly's Laboratory, more commonly known as the 'Lab,' is the first place in which new members of the community of PokéFarm will find themselves. After meeting with the esteemed professor the user will be offered their first Egg, which can be chosen from any one of the Starter Pokémon offered. After the user receives their first Egg, they will be given tasks from Prof. Holly to familiarise them with the game.The Lab is an important location from which one can receive a constant supply of Eggs ranging from all regions of the Pokémon world. It should be noted that the Eggs one sees in the lab are exclusive to them only, meaning no one can steal an Egg displayed on the page before them. There is no adoption limit in the Lab.
When in the Lab, a few different tabs can be accessed. Which tabs are displayed change depending on whether or not the viewer is logged into a PokéFarm account. The tabs that may appear are as follows:
- Guest: Prompts the viewer to log in or create an account to fully access the site. If logged in, this tab is replaced by Eggs.
- Eggs: Shows four Pokémon Eggs available for adoption. If not logged in, this tab is replaced by Guest.
- Lab Reloaders: Allows the purchase of Lab Reloaders. This tab only appears while logged in.
- About PokéFarm: Explains a bit about the site, and provides a link to the forums. If not logged in, it includes a place to log in.
- Characters you may meet: This contains biographies for the most important characters at PokéFarm. This includes:
- About the Laboratory: This explains a bit about the Laboratory.
When logged in, four Pokémon Eggs will be displayed at the top of the Lab page, along with a short description of each egg. If the Eggdex for a particular egg has already been obtained, the name of the Pokémon that will hatch will be displayed as well.
When an Egg is picked, it is added to the user's party. The remaining Eggs are swapped with four new ones. If the user does not want to choose any of the viewed Eggs, they can reload and get a new batch. However, this requires waiting five minutes server-time, or the use of a Lab Reloader.
The Lab is also the only way to get a Ditto egg without ordering one from the Egg Supplier, although the appearance of one is quite rare. Some may also ponder why Prof. Holly teases the player with the Ditto egg in her arms.
Lab Reloaders are purchasable from this section. They allow users to bypass the 5 minute wait time to refresh the lab for new eggs.
Bulk discounts apply on them.
Once a fossil is chosen, 1,500 interactions are required to revive the Pokémon, which is also displayed as a percentage in the user's timers bar.
Pokémon that are revived from fossils are considered prehistoric and will grant a larger EXP boost (180%) to eggs of the same species.