Snichu can be obtained by trading with other users or by breeding with a parent of the Snichu Line
Snichu was distributed as part of the ninetieth Mass-Click Weekend on PokéFarm Q. Its egg was given as a reward to any individual user with at least 10,000 interactions during the event weekend.
- 1,801 users reached the interaction target of 10,000.
- Snichu's egg's file name was "gargamel.png".
- This was a reference to the evil wizard from The Smurfs.
- Part of the dex entry for Vilechu was also inspired by Gargamel's character.
- The Snichu Line was Eggy's first variant since joining the Graphics Team, alongside the Inferial Line.
- Eggy did the lining and colouring of the concept art while Caydebug did the shading.
- Even though Snichu looks like Pichu, it is not a Pichu variant; Sneasel is the base Pokemon instead.
- The original concept initially had a Snichu with no dimorphism,cyan cheeks, and gem, and a different design for Vilechu.
- The concept was then reworked into the current one by Novan-chan.
- Unlike Weavile and Pikachu, Vilechu's eyes are red (except for the pupil) and its tail end points in a different direction.
- Eggy's take on this is that Vilechu's personality doesn't match either of its fusion species.