In contrast to being able to obtain Shinies without a PokéRadar, an Albino Radar is required for Albino Hunting. It can be obtained by purchasing it for 750,000 Interaction Points on the Albino Hunting page or by obtaining it from another user, as it is possible to buy and trade multiple Albino Radars. Albino Radars are activated by Interaction Points, but only until the server reset at midnight, wherefore it will be necessary to use Interaction Points to activate it again the following day. Albino Hunting does not require a Hypermode account.
The Albino Radar boosts the chance of finding an Albino Pokémon. It is powered by Interaction Points and the intensity of the boost depends on the level of the Albino Radar. Every day, users may choose the level of the Albino Radar, from 1-7, to be charged for the day by paying the corresponding amount of Interaction Points needed. As of February 23, 2019, the bonus from the Albino Radar has been increased slightly and it is no longer necessary to slowly level the Albino Radar up one level a day, users can immediately level the Radar up to level 7 by paying the corresponding amount of Interaction Points. The number of Interaction Points needed to charge the radar is reduced by 20% for Hypermode Users.
The maximum level is 7, which gives a maximum boost of +3,314% when paying the maximum amount of Interaction Points, which is 100,000.
Albino Radar Level
The Albino Radar is uncharged and does not have a level when it is first purchased. Charging it with the corresponding amount of interaction points charges the Albino Radar to a certain level.
The most important boost is provided by the Albino Radar, the only other known way of boosting Albino chances is by using Z-Crystals matching the desired Pokémon's type, obtained in the monthly Type Race.
Albino Radar Boost
The following table shows the boost that the Albino Radar provides depending on the level that it is charged to. Higher levels provide a greater boost, but will also cost more Interaction Points.
Z-Crystals are obtained from the Type Race. When used, they boost Albino chances of the corresponding Type by 50% for 3 days. This stacks with the Albino Radar, thus, it is advisable to only use Z-Crystals when the radar is at its maximum level.
Using a Z-Crystal is done on the Z-Crystal tab of the Albino Hunting page. Seven Z-Fragments can also be exchanged for a full Z-Crystal in this tab.
- There is a user-made calculator at this link https://lumiet.github.io/pfq/melancalc/ to help users calculate the odds of receiving a special Pokémon.
- Users should remember that the odds that are calculated are not guaranteed and still depends on the RNG.
- After the rate adjustment on the 28th of August 2019, the chances of hatching a Shiny and Albino Pokémon were switched, resulting in Albino Pokémon becoming more common when using boosts.
- Before the 4th of February 2022, the Übercharm had also doubled the chance of hatching an Albino.
- Before the 30th of March 2022:
- Z-Crystals were to be used at the time of charging the Albino Radar instead of them being used separately.
- Z-Crystals would give a boost of 100% for a single server day. Hypothetically, this boosted a level 7 charged Albino Radar to level 8.