Mega Evolution on PokéFarm Q is considerably different from the kind Mega Evolution introduced in the Canon X and Y games. Mega Evolution on PokéFarm changes the forme of a Pokémon into that of a Mega forme, and is not done through any type of battling. Mega Evolution is permanent (as of February 22, 2015), and must be unlocked through special means.
A Mega Stone is a special item needed for Mega Evolution. Each Mega Stone is specific and can only be used to Mega Evolve a single Pokémon species. Most Mega Stones contain the name of the Pokémon they can evolve in their name and summary. After Mega Evolving a Pokémon, the Mega Stone used will break and disappear from one's inventory.
- For more information, please see the full article on: Mega Stones.
The Mega Ring is a special Key Item that is the second component in unlocking Mega Evolution. It is the default Key Stone accessory, and can be swapped out with Doug the Merchant. Unlike other Key Items which can be bought from Doug, the Mega Ring can only be unlocked by completing a special task. In order to complete the task, the user must evolve Pokémon a total of 50 times or more, then visit Professor Holly.
The Mega Ring, can be swapped out for other of the Mega Accessories with Doug the Merchant. The Mega Accessories a user can swap for is dependent on how many times they have evolved a Pokémon. A user's active Mega Accessory is displayed on their User Page. The Mega Accessories available are as follows:
How to Mega-Evolve a Pokémon
In order to Mega Evolve a Pokémon a user must have obtained a Mega Ring from Professor Holly.
- Give a Pokémon their respective Mega Stone.
- Go to the drop down menu for the Pokémon you wish to Mega Evolve.
- Select the Mega Evolve option.
- Read the Warning, informing you that the Mega Stone will break and become unusable through Mega Evolution.
- Choose either the Credit cost or the Gold Poké cost to Mega-Evolve.