Mega Evolution on PokéFarm Q is considerably different from the kind Mega Evolution introduced in the Canon X and Y games. Mega Evolution on PokéFarm changes the forme of a Pokémon into that of a Mega forme, and is not done through any type of battling. Mega Evolution is permanent (as of February 22, 2015), and must be unlocked through special means.
A Mega Stone is a special item needed for Mega Evolution. Each Mega Stone is specific and can only be used to Mega Evolve a single Pokémon species. Most Mega Stones contain the name of the Pokémon they can evolve in their name and summary. After Mega Evolving a Pokémon, the Mega Stone used will break and disappear from one's inventory.
- For more information, please see the full article on: Mega Stones.
The Mega Ring is a special Key Item that is the second component in unlocking Mega Evolution. It is the default Key Stone accessory, and can be swapped out at the Merchant. Unlike other Key Items which can be bought in the shop, the Mega Ring can only be unlocked by completing a special task. Spoiler - Task
Evolve Pokémon a total of 50 times or more, then visit Professor Holly.
The Mega Ring, can be swapped out for other of the Mega Accessories with Doug the Merchant. The Mega Accessories a user can swap for is dependent on how many times they have evolved a Pokémon. A user's active Mega Accessory is displayed on their Trainer Card The Mega Accessories are as follows:
How to Mega-Evolve a Pokémon
In order to Mega Evolve a Pokémon a user must have obtained a Mega Ring from Professor Holly, unlocked the Mega Evolution tab in the Merchant, and have the Pokémon that is going to be Mega Evolved in their party.
- Give a Pokémon their respective Mega Stone, and move them to one's party.
- Visit Doug the Merchant with a Mega Ring.
- Doug will have a list of Pokémon currently in a one's Party. Select the Pokémon that will be Mega Evolved from it.
- Note: Eggs do not count as Pokémon, and will not appear on Doug's list.
- Read the Warning, informing you that the Mega Stone will break and become unusable through Mega Evolution.
- Choose either the Credit cost or the Gold Poké cost to Mega-Evolve.
- Note: The rarer the Mega Stone, the more expensive its Mega Evolution cost will be.